Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Epcot Nine Dragons Review

Nine Dragons – Epcot
Written by Steve Diehlman
 
Hidden in the colorful country of China, the Nine Dragons restaurant lies in the world showcase at Epcot. As one might expect, the restaurant features an assortment of classic Chinese cuisine.  

With an average sized dining room, Nine Dragons is highlighted by a rather large front seating area facing the lagoon. If timed just right (unlike me), you might be able to catch Epcot’s nightly Illuminations fireworks display from the comfort of your dining table. Highlights of the décor include intricately carved Chinese woodwork paired with modern lighting.  
Our dinner started off with a vegetable spring roll and pot sticker paired with a plum-chili dipping sauce. Usually more adventurous, I choose General Tso’s chicken for my main course. Though advertised as a spicy dish, my selection was rather mild which was ok with me. Others in my party decided on the Happy Family Duet entrée, consisting of stir fried beef and chicken paired with shrimp in a tangy red sauce. Someone in my group described this pick as “amazing,” and said they’d definitely return to experience it again. 
 Dessert options included ginger cake and strawberry red bean ice cream (basically strawberry ice cream). Opting for the cake, the choice was rather light and an excellent end to my meal. I found the portion sizes to be very reasonable, with nothing left on my plate yet not completely stuffed. 
My party was comprised of five adults and two children, ages three and one. With dinner consisting of a ninety minute service, I wouldn’t recommend Nine Dragons to groups traveling with young children. I even found myself anxious at times, but was kept busy by the place mats teaching Mandarin Chinese script. Nine Dragons is best suited for groups of adults or couples. 
-

0 comments until now.

Post a Comment